Took a trip down to Fort Lauderdale this past week for some Homeland Training and also for the Florida Governor's Hurricane Conference. The Marlins were in Miami while I was there, so I took the short drive into Miami to see MLB's newest stadium and my 18th stadium (if you count the old Twins stadium and old Braves stadium). Of the current stadiums, it's my 16th, though Brandy will tell you that if she's not with me, it doesn't count. So, if you follow that rule, we've been to 11 together. The stadium looked fantastic from the outside, except for being built in what appears to be the slums. It's in an area known as Little Havana. It was hard to find...needed GPS and two non-English speaking gas station attendants to find this place. It looks the part at first...state of the art, retracting roof, surrounded by palm trees. Food smelled fantastic and it's got the Clevelander, with a pool included. Also, I saw my first Bobblehead Museum. But the playing field and what surrounded it was very underwhelming for a brand new stadium. Of the 16 current stadiums that I've seen, I'd rank it lower, half to be honest. Also, parking garages...no thanks. When we go back, you can count on us being gone by the 5th or 6th inning. No chance of us being count in a myriad of 6 story parking garages.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment