Tuesday, September 14, 2010

O-H-I-O - The Ohio State University vs. The U

There are very few college football stadiums that I'd like to see a game in outside of the SEC. An Ohio State game is one of the exceptions. We were in Columbus a few years back and were able to walk into the stadium, but we wanted to see a game and take a peak at tailgating in the Big Ten. Thanks a bunch to Mary Ann for two great tickets to see the Buckeyes vs. the Hurricanes. We had a great time. There were some subtle differences in the tailgating atmosphere...I equate it to much more a professional football type of pre-game environment...lots of partying, RVs, asphalt, folks tailgating but not going to the game, multitudes of jersey-wearing fans...etc. There's not anything wrong with that at all, it was just a different style. Thanks to Phil for letting us hang with his tailgate for awhile. Most of these pics were of the crowd, the campus, and the RVs. However, I got one pic that was very interesting. It was right off a tailgate after the game. I call it "Pickles and Heroin". The invitation is always open for a trip to SEC land.

The game itself was great...the band and Script Ohio was really cool. Ohio State (#2 as of this entry) beat Miami 34-22. There were several 9/11 memorials that took place as well and the Rascal Flatts played the national anthem. All in all, it was a great experience. Next, it's off the Tiger Stadium in Baton Rouge to watch the Bulldogs and the Tigers. And yes, the rumor about the Richter scale is true. Several years ago, the crowd noise was so loud that it measured a minor earthquake on a lab scale on campus.







































































No comments: