Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Hello World: Introducing William Christopher Akers

Hey folks...Brandy wanted me to come home a pick up a few extra things and she asked me to go ahead and load the pics. First off...Brandy did fantastic. Will was 8 lbs, 8 oz. and 21 inches long when he was born at 12:47 pm this afternoon. Daddy had the waterworks flowing at first sight. He had a tough delivery and needed some oxygen at first and then got whisked off to the nursery. So, unfortunately no pics of Will and his proud parents yet. Stay tuned....

Before I left, I got the thumbs up from the nursery staff...so, he is doing well. He may not be a fan of the pic attached down the road, but his parents thought it was a good idea. Besides, we'll have moved on to bigger and more tech savvy things than blogs by the time he's old enough to care.

He's a fiesty one. I overheard that he relieved himself all over the nurse that was attending him. Good Boy Will...Good Boy. I carried him from the delivery room to the nursery, and I've got to tell you...it is true what they say...instant life changer. All you parents were right...

More later...

By the way...first pic is Brandy....ready for the day. Let's just say that smile went away for awhile, but it's back now. I'm heading back to the hospital.

Love to all....

Ryan and Brandy...and Baby Will.







3 comments:

Anna said...

Yay! I'm so excited to see the photos! He's looking great! You guys must be over the moon. I hope you get to hold him soon. Can't wait to hear more, congratulations!!

Julie Sexton said...

I commented here too a second ago - but it vanished the first time. THRILLED that all is well. Will is just too cute!

C. Ryan Akers said...

Thanks Anna and Julie! Yep...very excited. I'll have some more up soon.